Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

Surprise flower bouquet

I was in Prague on my godchild's third birthday, so last weekend we celebrated it belatedly. I wasn't expecting to receive a beautiful bouquet, though, which was a lovely surprise.

I have no idea what the flowers are called, but they enticed me to pick up my pen and watercolours.

This type of subject is quite complicated to me, because I tend to lose myself in the details and not know on which leaf I left off, for example.

I really took my time for this one, overlooking any impatience that I was occasionally feeling.

Looking back, I know exactly at what moment I should have stopped: the background. Or at least the greenish colour I put on the corners.

Lesson learned for next time!

Sans titre
Trying to imitate Tommy Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment