Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

March mail art

This month's mail art exchange is organised by Atelier "Carnet à Spirale" again, and after teasing us with a few Amélie Poulain references to garden gnomes, the subject was revealed: les nains posteurs (posting dwarves ?).

The thing with this subject is that it can be seen as a pun on the word imposteur (impostor), so for a while I tried to come up with something original and witty... and failed miserably, haha.

So I decided to take the litteral route, which gave me this result:

Yes, it is a dwarf and he's posting a letter. Litterally.
This time, I didn't want to stick to the traditional illustration and tried some collage instead. Let's just hope that everything will stay safely stuck!

There's a slit in the paper as well, and when you open the letter, you can see an envelope inside.

Here is the back side.


The text is a reference to the name of the mail art exchange (Krok & Post).

Can't wait to get my nain posteur! :)

--------------------------------
UPDATE (25.3.2014)

I found this little guy in my mailbox yesterday. He was sent by Emmanuelle Desachy and came straight from Savoie, France.


No comments:

Post a Comment